- CSS Skateboard (with GSAP Observer)
- React Slider with Hover Effect
- Weather app prototype — Scroll-driven animations
- Almost before we knew it
- CSS Marquee Logo Wall
- Diamond Spin
- Battery Charge
- Card Hover Interactions
- Supa Dupa Fly Hover
- Photo figures — Scroll-driven animations
- Grim Reaper's Used Cars - Deal Wheel
- Password Input Light
- Isometric Light Switch
- Food Trucks On Demand
- Infinite Roll
- Animated Verbs (part one of three)
- Horizontal scrolling in a centered max-width container
- Thank you – have a nice day
- Alternating Sections
- Good Morning Friends
- Cool Spotlight Shadows
- Simon Says, 'Tetradic Color Palette #CodePenChallenge'
- Dynamic Sticky Sidebar Component
- Burger Boxer
- GSAP Increment Counter + Celebrate
- Viewport Gradient Rotation
- MCU Timeline Carousel
- CSS Sticky Parallax Sections
- Ask Emoji
- Bold Hover Animations with Splitting.js
- Orbiting Through Torus
- Rocket Through Space
- Horizontal Scroll Cards
- Fork This Nav
- CSS Chop!
- Interactive MOOD Pedal
- Spinning CSS
- CSS Putt-Putt Radio Buttons
- GSAP ScrollTrigger - Marquee Page Border
- CSS Triadic Color Palette #CodePenChallenge
- CSS variables in cubic-bezier function
- Hello, World!
- Folded Paper Login Form
- Primary Color Bounce
- CSS Clip-Path Hover Effect
- Parallax Emoji
Navigate with left and right arrow keys ← →
This is a website made by me, Ryan Mulligan, a front-end builder of the web and fellow passenger through space and time.
- The latest site build was deployed in the evening on February 19th.
- During deployment, the weather over here was 57°F and overcast.
- I was listening to As This Moment Slips Away by Joshua Redman.
Most recent articles
Read more articles
The bit about myself
I'm a fun-loving front-end engineer with over a decade of experience building for the web. I've developed a well-rounded skillset servicing both product and marketing teams. My back catalog of roles range from individual contribution to management, team building, and leadership.
I perpetually advocate for modern web standards, embrace the web platform, and believe in the rule of least power—use the simplest language to do the job well, then scale as it becomes necessary. My priorities are influenced by empathy: lift up those around me so we may succeed together, always care for the end user, and deliver a performant, inclusive, and accessible web.
Currently, I build for the web with a lovely team at Netlify. When I'm not coding, you can catch me noodling on my acoustic guitar or blasting out rhythms if there's a drum kit ready for a lefty nearby.
Want to know more? Say hello anytime!
Me around the web
Other virtual networks where you can find me if you're feeling adventurous. Let's connect and fork and toot or whatever.
Some personal joy
- All things CSS
- Finding the perfect custom cubic Bézier curve
- Building an inclusive web
- Any beach, any ocean
- Early morning coffee
- Nick Drake's Pink Moon in its entirety
- Cool side of the pillow
- Guitar noodling
- Trashing a drum kit